Head on over to this page for general inquiries and questions about our recycling programs and services. You will find our our address, phone number, and business hours here as well.
RENEWABLE RECYCLING, INC.
Long Island & New York
Renewable Recycling, Inc. works with local businesses, institutions, universities, community services, mattress companies, hotels, hostels, and government agencies to create, support, and implement mattress recycling programs to put an end to the needless dumping of mattresses into our landfills.
In addition to setting up partnerships to serve the community we provide mattress pick up, drop off processing, on site recycling, and the resale of reusable materials by the ton.
Renewable Recycling, Inc. is a New York State and New York City Certified, Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) and DEC Certified Solid Waste Recycling Facility.
MATTRESS RECYCLING PROGRAMS & SERVICES
CITY & COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
B2B RESALE OF RECYCLED MATERIALS
BENEFITS OF MATTRESS RECYCLING
Did you know that up to 90% of a mattress can be transformed into reusable materials? Sadly, the percentage of discarded mattresses that end up in facilities like ours is just as high.
Let's change that together. Here are some reasons why:
- It takes 50 to 100 years for a mattress to decompose when dumped in a landfill.
- Every mattress that is dumped into a landfill takes up 23 cubic feet of space.
- There was an estimated 20 million mattresses dumped into landfills last year as the result of people buying new bedding. In 2015, New York State alone has a population of 19,378,102 residents and that number is steadily on the rise.
- Mattresses dumped in landfills can only be buried where they sit and decompose letting different chemicals used to compose foam and fibers to seep into the ground and into our water supply.
- The water is then returned to the ecosystem where it is consumed by humans, the animals we eat, and crops we depend on for nutrition.
Fantastic service. Extremely friendly, courteous, and professional. Will definitely be using them again.
I was thrilled when I finally found a place that actually does their mattress recycling on site and isn't just a junk removal service.
So glad I decided to drive over to the facility to drop off my mattress and that these guys are here. Signed the petition to get a program started in my neighborhood too!
My business was always needing to replace old mattresses with new ones and up until my daughter told me about Renewable Recycling. I had no idea how long it took for a mattress to decompose or that there was a company like theirs willing to set up a program with us.
I just purchased metal in bulk for my company from them. The cost was right on target and they delivered it to my workshop. The material was of a higher quality and sorted well. I could definitely tell they do their own processing on-site.
Saving the Earth.
One mattress at a time.