Head on over to this page for general inquiries and questions about our recycling programs and services. You will find our our address, phone number, and business hours here as well.
BENEFITS OF MATTRESS RECYCLING
Did you know that up to 90% of a mattress can be transformed into reusable materials? Sadly, the percentage of discarded mattresses that end up landfills is just as high.
Let's change that together. Here are some reasons why:
- It takes 50 to 100 years for a mattress to decompose when dumped in a landfill.
- Every mattress that is dumped into a landfill takes up 23 cubic feet of space.
- There was an estimated 20 million mattresses dumped into landfills last year as the result of people buying new bedding. In 2015, New York State alone has a population of 19,378,102 residents and that number is steadily on the rise.
- Mattresses dumped in landfills can only be buried where they sit and decompose letting different chemicals used to compose foam and fibers to seep into the ground and into our water supply.
- The water is then returned to the ecosystem where it is consumed by humans, the animals we eat, and crops we depend on for nutrition.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Every mattress we collect is sanitized, broken down, and separated into reusable materials at our facility on Long Island. We do everything in-house so that we can maintain the highest standards and practices as well as extract the maximum amount of reusable materials. And then sell them to manufacturers, fabricators, and business owners for re-use.
After being sanitized, sorted and baled, the fabric and fibers recycled from mattresses are sold to companies that make textiles, upholstery covering and other products such as dog and animal beds.
RENEWABLE RECYCLING, INC. SERVICES
CITY & COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
B2B RESALE OF RECYCLED MATERIALS
Saving the Earth.
One mattress at a time.